Monday, February 6, 2012

Faculty Office Hours

With all the work that comes with designing innovative lesson plans, incorporating technology into your pedagogy can often feel like an added burden that requires time and expertise you think you may not have.   Beginning this semester, I will hold Faculty Office hours (for Full Time and Adjuncts) on Mondays from 4:30 to 6:30 to discuss questions, ideas, or concerns you have about incorporating technology into your classes.  I am not a technology expert, nor am I an education expert, but rather I envision these office hours as a time carved out of our days when we can meet and discuss pedagogy, how to deliver course content effectively, and, in the spirit of Purpose Centered Education, put our ideas into action.
Incorporating technology can be scary, difficult, and feel time consuming, but the more I've used it the more I realize it makes my job easier (really) and classes more dynamic.  So if you need some help or just want to talk, please come see me.  You can email me, too, and if you have questions that are outside my expertise, I will direct you to a professional.  In the meantime, here's an ongoing list of resources that faculty have used in their classes that may inspire you.  This is a Google Doc, so feel free to add your techno resources to this list!  Thanks to Adele Weiner and Diwata Fonte for contributing to this document:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_i8yV0hietQqP4xW4o8-lWgPOFFNOhW2KJ4LbB_KmqU/edit
Faculty Office Hours
Monday:  4:30-6:30
Office:  1246
Extension:  2439
Feel free to come by or phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment